Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm a work-in-progress kind of girl.

I have made an important discovery about my habits as a knitta in 2007: namely, I do enjoy knitting as much as I enjoy spinning, and also, I have severe knitting ADD. I am constantly distracted by yarn that is new, brightly colored, and soft. It calls my name, it beckons me, it whispers to me what it would like to become someday. And I am helpless against its siren's call.

But I have decided to steel myself against any further onslaughts; NAY, I DO HEREBY SWEAR TO FINISH ALL OF MY UNFINISHED PROJECTS. AND YEA SHALL THESE PROJECTS BE FINISHED BEFORE I START NEW PROJECTS, FOR EVER AND EVER, AMEN.*

So, here are the projects on the docket:

1. Mom's shawl. Must be finished by Christmas, or else!!



2. Juliet cardigan. Even though it's about forty-seven sizes too big for me and it's made with acrylic so I can't even shrink it in the wash. Not that I'm bitter, yo.


3. Wisp. I love this scarf/shawl/hood combo, and Rowan Kidsilk Haze looks amazing. But damn, it hurts my hands to knit!



4. Stupid socks. Have I mentioned that I hate knitting socks? I'll probably end up knitting more socks, but really, I hate them.


5. Designer bag. I haven't taken a picture of this one, because really, what's the point of taking a picture of a felted bag before it's felted? It looks like a lumpy sack. But when it is finished, oh, it will be a wonder of felted baggy goodness! All will bow before my felted bag prowess! If I can stand looking at any more brown yarn, that is.

6. Muir. Oh, lovely, lovely lace, how I adore you so. But why must you be so complicated that you require a chart?



And there you have it. As much as I am craving a new project, the excitement of casting on a new yarn, the joy of watching my WIP grow, the anticipation of wondering how my labor will turn out - no, I will be steadfast.

Well, for now. :-P



*Well, okay. Except for Muir. But only because lace is hella hard and this is my "gots-to-use-my-brain-cells" project for breaks from monotonous single-color knitting.

1 comment:

Snoop Frog ~~~@ said...

Oh, bummer about your Juliet! We were so excited!

Was it a gauge thing?