Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Knitta Sunday!

No pictures, but I am happy to report a happy gathering of girls and pointy sticks, even if we weren't later joined by a boy for a Vampire Spectacular Spectacular. Normal nearly finished one of her mittens, and it is lovely enough to make me think that maybe I ought to try some sort of fair isle creation in 2008. Filmmaker is coming along on her dad's sweater, and as for me, well, we'll just pretend that I never made the previous post.

In my defense, I can cross several things off my list: I've finished my mom's shawl, as well as Wisp, and I've decided to frog Juliet (*sob*) and remake her in a size more fitting to my frame. As for the sock, well, I just can't bring myself to cast it on. So, it's not like I'm being a total liar. I think this brings me back to the realm of little white liar.

In other projects, I made a lurvely bag out of the skein of yarn I snagged at my yarn store's white elephant gift exchange - it's ready to be blocked, constructed, and lined. I was able to exchange my extra skeins of Rowan Kidsilk Haze for a hank of yummy alpaca, and I've cast on Glee. Given my experience with Juliet (and based on what I've read on Ravelry), I cast it on two sizes smaller than I think I need. If worse comes to worse and it's too small for now, well, losing weight is Mission Numero Uno once my sprained ankle heals.

So, that brings us up to date. Who's hosting next?

No comments: